Sycamore Scholars at Indiana State University >
Digital preservation should be a key aspect of any research project. Many funding institutions are requiring the preservation of data as a stipultation for funding. Proper data management is valuable to not only the research institution, but also the field of study and the individuals involved in the project.
Benefits of adding your work
- Information sharing: Sycamore Scholars provides a platform to share information within as well as outside ISU.
- Increased access and citation rates: Items in Sycamore Scholars are indexed in Google Scholar, Google, and OAIster increasing overall access to and citations of work.
- Preservation: Sycamore Scholars provides a persistent and unique identifier for long term use, access, and preservation.
- Promote scholarship: Sycamore Scholars provides staff, students, and faculty an opportunity to promote and showcase their body of work on a stable and accessible platform while contributing overall to diverse fields of research.
- Prestige: Sycamore Scholars provides the opportunity for high quality, well managed and curated digital resources which reflect well on the University and the researcher.